ITIL® Expert Training (ITIL® MALC)
Online ITIL® Expert Level Training, delivered by global recognised professionals
About the Course
The ITIL® Expert Level is achieved by completing the ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle qualification, otherwise known as MALC. This qualification is a capstone qualification which is the final required module that a candidate must take prior to achieving ITIL® Expert Level.
This course gives participants the skills to support an organization’s service delivery by bridging the service lifecycle stages. The course teaches the value of one combined service management practice as opposed to separate subject areas. ITIL® processes and practices, as learnt from the lifecycle and capability streams of the intermediate certificates, are put into a context of delivering this value.
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
Please find a breakdown of the course modules and contents below:
- Managing services and service management
- The service lifecycle
- Service value across the different stages of the service lifecycle
- Other key concepts
- Coordination of business relationship management across the service lifecycle, and the role of business relationship management in communication
- Stakeholder management and communication
- The value of good communication and ensuring its flow across the service lifecycle
- The integration of service management processes through the service lifecycle
- The impact of service strategy on other service lifecycle stages
- The value of a service lifecycle perspective when designing service solutions
- The inputs and outputs of processes and stages in the service lifecycle
- The value to business and the interfaces of all processes in the ITIL service lifecycle
- Identification and assessment of customer and stakeholder needs and requirements across all service lifecycle stages, and ensuring appropriate priority is given to them
- How the service design package provides a link between service design, service transition and service operation
- Managing cross-lifecycle processes to ensure appropriate impact and involvement at all required service lifecycle stages
- Implementing and improving services, using key sources of information for identifying the need for improvement
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks of the service lifecycle stages, and potential conflicts and competing issues across the service lifecycle
- Organizational structure, skills and competence
- Service provider types and service strategies
- Measuring and demonstrating business value
- Determining and using metrics
- Design and development of measurement frameworks and methods
- Monitoring and control systems
- Use of event management tools to increase visibility of the infrastructure and IT service delivery
- Implementing service management
- Assessing service management
- Improving service management
- Key considerations for the implementation and improvement of both the service management practice and the services themselves
- Key considerations when planning and implementing service management technologies
Who is this course for?
- The ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle module is aimed at individuals who are interested in achieving the ITIL® Expert Level, for which this module is a key requirement.
- Chief information officers, Senior IT managers, IT managers, Supervisors, IT professionals, IT operations practitioners, IT development practitioners.
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite.
- Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have two (2) credits from the ITIL® Foundation certificate and must, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits to a total of at least 17 credits Holders of ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management are also eligible.
- Complete at least 30 contact hours for this syllabus as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme Contact hours are hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an accredited training organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution.
- Complete at least 28 hours of personal study by reviewing foundation and intermediate level knowledge, for example the terms within the terminology list and by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® core publications in preparation for the examination.
The following credits are available for this course:
- 5 credits towards the ITIL® Expert Certification
- 8 PDUs on Business & Strategy